Did you see my GIVEAWAY for Mark Bittman’s How to Cook Everything iPod/iPhone app?? Come over and enter to win!
In honor of the Super Bowl this week (which I did not watch…I was busy with a top secret project to surprise my husband…photos coming…), I thought I would share a fantastic dip recipe. I honestly don’t remember where I got this recipe from, or who might have given it to me. I’ve been making it for a very long time, and it’s still a hit!
This is a perfect “game day” or “get together” recipe that is quick, easy, cheap and good. Notice I did not say healthy. At. All. And, just so I give you fair warning, it’s not a very pretty recipe either, but it sure is good!
Okay, I warned you…
Laura’s Super Bowl Dip
1 package sausage (I used turkey sausage because I don’t eat pork. Just get the normal roll size of sausage.)
8 oz cream cheese
1 container mild salsa
Brown the sausage, add cream cheese and salsa and stir until melted through and yummy. Serve with tortilla chips.
(This year, just for fun I added a little bit of chipotle seasoning, because the salsa that I used was a bit too mild (and more garden-y…hence the large tomato chunks).)
What are you doing in the kitchen?
Link Up Your Recipes and Blog Posts!
- Make a post on your blog (any recipe is fine).
- Include a link back to this post on your blog post.
- Then add your post to the Linky Tools box (below).
- Thumbnails come automatically from your blog post, or you can upload a special one.
- Leave a comment on this post and then visit the other posts that are linked up.
- Enjoy exploring other people’s recipes and kitchen adventures!
Thank you for sharing and have a great week!
This post is being shared at:
Hearth and Soul
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Tuesdays at the Table
Tasty Tuesday @ 33 Shades of Green
Tasty Tuesday @ Beauty and Bedlam
Tuesday Night Supper Club
Full Plate Thursday