Welcome to the official kickoff of Renovation Thursday, where each Thursday, I will be posting a home improvement project around my home, and offering a linky for you to be able to link up your home improvement or renovation posts as well!
I’m excited about Renovation Thursday, because it’s going hand-in-hand with the work I am doing around my home decluttering for Minimalist Monday Mission: Declutter 365. As I mentioned last week, the more I declutter, the more home improvement projects are coming to mind!
So, this week I am kicking things off with the kitchen backsplash.
I actually finished this backsplash project on Super Bowl Sunday and the Monday after it. I did this as a surprise for my husband, who was spending the Super Bowl Sunday with friends. I, on the other hand, having no desire to watch the Super Bowl, taught the children how to lay tile
They watched (from a very long way away) with great interest as I used the tile saw (which I had from my previous master bathroom renovation years ago), and helped me lay the tiles in a pattern once I had put down the adhesive.
To save time, I used ready-made adhesive (which I love) and premixed grout (which I love as well).
And, because I wanted a splash of color, I cut up sheets of 12″x12″ glass tiles and put four small glass tiles in the larger white cutout tiles. All the rest of the tiles were standard white rectangle tiles.
So, here’s the kitchen before (which might look familiar from the kitchen Minimalist Monday post):
Now I want to hear what you are doing! Scroll down to the bottom of this post to link up your blog post in our Renovation Thursday linky!
Here’s where I am headed for Renovation Thursday in the next few weeks:
- Kitchen Backsplash – DONE!
- Patch Office Walls
- Paint Office Walls
- Remove Screws from the Office Ceiling
- Hang Pictures in Office
- Finish Patching Kitchen Ceiling
- Fix Outlet in Kitchen
- Fix Fan in Kitchen
- Screw Sink in Laundry Room into Wall
- Wood Trim Under Washer
- Replace Island Lights in Kitchen
- Patch Kitchen Wall
- Paint Kitchen Ceiling
- Paint Kitchen Walls
- Patch Dining Room Walls
- Paint Dining Room Walls
- Paint Downstairs Vanity
- New Hardware for Downstairs Vanity
- Cubbies for Mudroom
- Bench for Mudroom
- Locker Holders in Mudroom
- Cabinet for Circuit Breakers
- Patch Holes in Living Room
- Patin Touch Up Living Room
- Hang Children’s Picture in Living Room
- Patch Above Front Door
- Put Piece of Wood Under Front Door
- Paint Above Front Door
- Remove Molding in Hallway
- Replace Outlets in Hallway
- Replace Light Switches in Hallway
- Paint Hallway
- Remove Rocks in Front Yard
- Plant Flowers in Front Yard
- New Weed Barrier in Front Yard
- Replace Rocks in Front Yard
- Pull Weeds and Trim Existing Front Flowers
- Paint Touch Up Guest Bath
- Patch Guest Bath Walls
- Paint Touch Up Master Bath
- Fix Vanity Door in Master Bath
- Fix Drain in Master Bath Sink
- Prime Master Bedroom Walls
- Paint Touch Up Master Bedroom
- Fix Fan Wobbling in Master Bedroom
- Lattice for Children’s Artwork in Hallway
- Patch Hole in Wood Floor in Living Room
- Paint Pantry
- Fix Kickplate in Kitchen
- Paint Kickplate in Kitchen
- Fix Doors on Office Bookshelves
- Tape All Child Locks
- Clean Tops of Kitchen Cabinets
What are you doing in your home?
Link up your home improvement and renovation projects!
- Make a post on your blog (any home improvement or renovation post is fine, old posts are welcome).
- Include a link back to this post on your blog post.
- Then add your post to the Linky Tools box (below).
- Thumbnails come automatically from your blog post, or you can upload a special one.
- Leave a comment on this post and then visit the other posts that are linked up.
- Enjoy exploring other people’s projects and be inspired!
See you next week as we tackle more home improvement!
This post is being shared at: