This week on Renovation Thursday I worked on a few little things that needed to be done.
Somehow in the kitchen backsplash tiling project, one of our GFCI outlets got messed up and wouldn’t reset anymore, so I needed to install another one. Since I’m fairly comfortable with minor electrical work like changing outlets and light switches, I was able to do this one quickly and now we have a working outlet again.
And, after cleaning out the bookshelves for Minimalist Monday, I was even more bothered by the doors that no longer shut (thanks to my children overextending them ), so I called the manufacturer (Bush Industries) and they sent me 12 new hinges…free! Gotta love great customer service like that! So, I switched out the hinges and after a bit of tweaking (because the type of hinges had changed), I had doors that shut once again.
Now I want to hear what you are doing! Scroll down to the bottom of this post to link up your blog post in our Renovation Thursday linky!
Here’s where I am headed for Renovation Thursday in the next few weeks:
- Kitchen Backsplash – DONE!
- Patch Office Walls
- Paint Office Walls
- Remove Screws from the Office Ceiling
- Hang Pictures in Office
- Finish Patching Kitchen Ceiling
- Fix Outlet in Kitchen – DONE!
- Fix Fan in Kitchen
- Screw Sink in Laundry Room into Wall
- Wood Trim Under Washer
- Replace Island Lights in Kitchen
- Patch Kitchen Wall
- Paint Kitchen Ceiling
- Paint Kitchen Walls
- Patch Dining Room Walls
- Paint Dining Room Walls
- Paint Downstairs Vanity
- New Hardware for Downstairs Vanity
- Cubbies for Mudroom
- Bench for Mudroom
- Locker Holders in Mudroom
- Cabinet for Circuit Breakers
- Patch Holes in Living Room
- Patin Touch Up Living Room
- Hang Children’s Picture in Living Room
- Patch Above Front Door
- Put Piece of Wood Under Front Door
- Paint Above Front Door
- Remove Molding in Hallway
- Replace Outlets in Hallway
- Replace Light Switches in Hallway
- Paint Hallway
- Remove Rocks in Front Yard
- Plant Flowers in Front Yard
- New Weed Barrier in Front Yard
- Replace Rocks in Front Yard
- Pull Weeds and Trim Existing Front Flowers
- Paint Touch Up Guest Bath
- Patch Guest Bath Walls
- Paint Touch Up Master Bath
- Fix Vanity Door in Master Bath
- Fix Drain in Master Bath Sink
- Prime Master Bedroom Walls
- Paint Touch Up Master Bedroom
- Fix Fan Wobbling in Master Bedroom
- Lattice for Children’s Artwork in Hallway
- Patch Hole in Wood Floor in Living Room
- Paint Pantry
- Fix Kickplate in Kitchen
- Paint Kickplate in Kitchen
- Fix Doors on Office Bookshelves – DONE!
- Tape All Child Locks
- Clean Tops of Kitchen Cabinets
What are you doing in your home?
Link up your home improvement and renovation projects!
- Make a post on your blog (any home improvement or renovation post is fine, old posts are welcome).
- Include a link back to this post on your blog post.
- Then add your post to the Linky Tools box (below).
- Thumbnails come automatically from your blog post, or you can upload a special one.
- Leave a comment on this post and then visit the other posts that are linked up.
- Enjoy exploring other people’s projects and be inspired!
See you next week as we tackle more home improvement!
This post is being shared at: