This week on Renovation Thursday I looked up and saw my nice red lights in the kitchen and decided I needed to change them. They are beautiful lights, and really add some color to the kitchen, but I need more light, so I had to switch them out (and now I listed the red lights for sale on my Becoming Minimalist Sale for some lucky buyer!).
I chose to get the same basic light we had already installed over the sink, and thankfully, Home Depot still carried that same exact light (six years after the light over the sink was installed!). I was so excited, I snagged up three of the lights and went home to work.
Nevermind the fact that it would soon be getting dark…
Or the fact that I needed to shut off the power to do the electrical work…
Or the fact that when I shut off the power I had one small tiny light to help me see the above mentioned electrical wires.
But, I persevered, and got them all installed in just a few hours! And God said… “Let there be light” and there was light in the kitchen, and it was good.
Before (the red light district, as my husband had named our old lights…)
Now I want to hear what you are doing! Scroll down to the bottom of this post to link up your blog post in our Renovation Thursday linky!
Here’s where I am headed for Renovation Thursday in the next few weeks:
- Kitchen Backsplash – DONE!
- Patch Office Walls
- Paint Office Walls
- Remove Screws from the Office Ceiling
- Hang Pictures in Office
- Finish Patching Kitchen Ceiling
- Fix Outlet in Kitchen – DONE!
- Fix Fan in Kitchen
- Screw Sink in Laundry Room into Wall
- Wood Trim Under Washer
- Replace Island Lights in Kitchen – DONE!
- Patch Kitchen Wall
- Paint Kitchen Ceiling
- Paint Kitchen Walls
- Patch Dining Room Walls
- Paint Dining Room Walls
- Paint Downstairs Vanity
- New Hardware for Downstairs Vanity
- Cubbies for Mudroom
- Bench for Mudroom
- Locker Holders in Mudroom
- Cabinet for Circuit Breakers
- Patch Holes in Living Room
- Paint Touch Up Living Room
- Hang Children’s Picture in Living Room
- Patch Above Front Door
- Put Piece of Wood Under Front Door
- Paint Above Front Door
- Remove Molding in Hallway
- Replace Outlets in Hallway
- Replace Light Switches in Hallway
- Paint Hallway
- Remove Rocks in Front Yard
- Plant Flowers in Front Yard
- New Weed Barrier in Front Yard
- Replace Rocks in Front Yard
- Pull Weeds and Trim Existing Front Flowers
- Plant Trees in Front Yard
- Paint Touch Up Guest Bath
- Patch Guest Bath Walls
- Paint Touch Up Master Bath
- Fix Vanity Door in Master Bath
- Fix Drain in Master Bath Sink
- Fix Shower Heads in Master Bath
- Prime Master Bedroom Walls
- Paint Touch Up Master Bedroom
- Fix Fan Wobbling in Master Bedroom
- Lattice for Children’s Artwork in Hallway
- Patch Hole in Wood Floor in Living Room
- Paint Pantry
- Fix Kickplate in Kitchen
- Paint Kickplate in Kitchen
- Fix Doors on Office Bookshelves – DONE!
- Tape All Child Locks
- Clean Tops of Kitchen Cabinets
What are you doing in your home?
Link up your home improvement and renovation projects!
- Make a post on your blog (any home improvement or renovation post is fine, old posts are welcome).
- Include a link back to this post on your blog post.
- Then add your post to the Linky Tools box (below).
- Thumbnails come automatically from your blog post, or you can upload a special one.
- Leave a comment on this post and then visit the other posts that are linked up.
- Enjoy exploring other people’s projects and be inspired!
See you next week as we tackle more home improvement!
This post is being shared at: