Have you entered my big Arbonne giveaway yet?
Go HERE NOW!!
This week for Minimalist Monday Mission: Declutter 365 I cleaned the downstairs closet!
In preparing for our community lawn sale this past week, I managed to tackle one of the most packed areas in my home – the downstairs closet. This is where we have put all the baby clothes and baby gear for storage. And, although I did organize it (mostly) by size, I knew there was still way too much there.
So, because I know that children’s things usually sell well at lawn sales, I decided to try to get through the closet before the lawn sale. It ended up being a massive two day effort (all day), but I did end up cutting everything in about half.
Here’s the closet before:.
So you may be wondering how the lawn sale went? It went well. I did end up having two car loads full (I have an SUV), but I ended up with slightly less than one car load at the end. The lawn sale was from 9-3 and it did not start raining until about 1 pm.
As soon as the rain began, I put everything at 50% off, but the sprinkles soon gave way to a downpour, and I was packing up to leave a 2:30 pm.
In the rain, I did run by a second hand children’s clothing store to offer them the unsold children’s things, and sold a few more things there.
The rest I took by Goodwill and dropped it all off, with the exception of a few things I thought I could sell on eBay or on the Becoming Minimalist Sale (which I will update this week).
All in all, I made $310 from the lawn sale. I spent $10 on lunch, and $25 to get the table, so the net profit was $275. But the items out of my home…priceless!!
My basement still looks like a tornado hit, because of the aftermath of the lawn sale activity combined with the cleaning of the basement closet, but I know it won’t be hard to clean up this week.
Total of items eliminated this week?
- Threw out/Recycled: 28 item
- Donated/Given: 374 items
- Sold: 595 items from the lawn sale
- Threw out 685 items
- Donated 931 items
- Sold 931 items
TOTAL ITEMS: 2547 items
Here’s where we are headed for the Minimalist Monday Mission: Declutter 365 in the next few weeks:
- Clothes (closet and dresser) – DONE!
- Master Bath Vanity/Cabinet – DONE!
- Nightstand and Top of Dresser in Master Bedroom – DONE!
- Kitchen Counters (main and island) – DONE!
- Kitchen Cabinets (upper) – DONE!
- Kitchen Cabinets (lower) – DONE!
- Kitchen Counters (by fridge) – DONE!
- Pantry – DONE!
- Fridge/Freezer – DONE!
- Kitchen Built In Cabinet – DONE!
- Digitizing Files
- Computer Files – DONE!
- Office Desk Drawers – DONE!
- Office Desk Top – DONE!
- Office Baskets (in, out, to do, vertical file) – DONE!
- Office Filing Cabinet – Part 1 – DONE!
- Office Filing Cabinet – Part 2 – DONE!
- Office Hutch – DONE!
- Office Bookshelves – DONE!
- Office Craft Table – DONE!
- Office Built In Storage Area – DONE!
- Laundry Room Shelves – DONE!
- Laundry Room Corner Cabinet – DONE!
- Laundry Room Table Area – DONE!
- Laundry Room Closet Tool Storage Unit
- Guest Bedroom Closet (toy closet)
- Child’s Bedroom Closet
- Child’s Bedroom Closet
- Child’s Desk
- Children’s Clothes (upstairs)
- Guest Bedroom Dresser
- Guest Bathroom Vanity
- Linen Closet (lower shelves)
- Linen Closet (upper shelves)
- Play Room
- Living Room DVD Cabinet/Mantle/Entertainment Center
- Large Storage Closet
- Small Storage Closet Shelves
- Small Storage Closet Banker’s Boxes
- Downstairs Bathroom Closet – DONE!
- Downstairs Play Room
- Screened In Porch Area
- Downstairs TV Area
- Downstairs Bathroom
- Mud Room
- Garage Left Side Shelves
- Garage Middle Shelves
- Garage Right Side Shelves
- Garage Tool Storage Cabinet
- Garage Floor Space
- Scrapbooking Supplies/Area
What did you do this week to declutter??
To your success,
This post is being shared at: